WE MOVE PEOPLE, NOT JUST POSSESSIONS
Are you moving a short distance or relocating across the province or country? Next Chapter Senior Services is here to assist you. For some, choosing to transition from your family home into a smaller, more managable turn-key residence can be an exciting experience. The transition will free up precious time and money that can be used for travel or an upgrade in lifestyle. For others, the change can be a stressful and unsettling experience. This is especially true if the move is due to an unexpected event such as a sudden illness, injury or loss of a loved one .
The team at Next Chapter Senior Services understands the emotional roller coaster that a change of this magnitude can generate. Regardless of your reasons for making the choice. Let our experienced, compassionate team provide you with our expertise. We will assist you in moving yourself and your memories into the Next Chapter of your life.
The following services are available in whole or in part to support you and your family members. Whether you wish to hand over the whole job or just have us assist with a portion, the options are numerous
Real Estate Agent
* Referral service to a selection of qualified Real Estate specialist. Who can assist in the marketing and sale of your current residence.
New Housing Information
* Provide location and housing information about Age Friendly Properties or Seniors’ Communities in your preferred area.
Detailed Move Plan
* Create a step by step, plan of action for your housing transition.
Customized Floor Plans
- Assist in designing an aesthetically beautiful and conveniently practical layout of the new residence by:
* Maximizing usage of the existing furniture and possessions.
* Providing assistance in shopping for suitable replacement furniture better sized for the new location.
Move Management/Move Oversight
* Provide a list of trusted movers and assist in selecting the one that is right for you.
* Oversee the complete move out/move in process. Giving you the option to attend on moving day or spend the day on more enjoyable pursuits while we handle all of the details.
* Provide staff that is specially trained in sorting and downsizing techniques to assist you in scaling back to those items that will best fit and compliment your new residence.
* Arrange for all necessary packing supplies and ensure they are delivered to your home.
* Carefully and securely pack all items for transport.
Setting Up New Residence
- We arrive at the new residence in advance of the movers to ensure that the move in is completed as arranged.
- Unpack and set up living area, kitchen, bathroom and bedrooms including:
* Arrange living area according to customized floor plan.
* Dress the bed with fresh linens.
* Place clothing in the dressers and closets.
* Hang pictures, etc.
* Connect TV, cable and electronics.
* Set up kitchen, bathroom and entrance cupboards.
* Unpack all boxes as required or arrange for storage if requested.
Disposal/Dispersal of Remaining Items
* Pack and arrange shipping of items to be gifted to friends or family members.
* Arrange sale, auction or consignment of items that can be sold.
* Provide options for donation sites for non-sale-able, reusable items and arrange for their pick up/drop off.
* Organize removal of trash &/or recyclable items.
* Arrange disposal of hazardous waste products.
- Provide referrals and supervision for a selection of trades-persons to:
* Complete minor carpentry or electrical repairs required in advance of the home sale.
* Painting, pressure washing, window cleaning, carpet cleaning, gutters, gardening services.
* Home staging services if required.
* Move out cleaning.